Monday, January 21, 2013

Atari Punk Console

So I built an Atari Punk Console. It was... fun! 


Finished Atari Punk Console in a Coleman's Mustard Powder can.



Declaration of contents on the back.



Obligatory video.

I based my circuit on these two schematics. Since I only had 555 chips and not a 556 I started with the first schematic but used the 1M Ohm pots from the last one and everything after the 10 uF capacitor. I guess I just liked the sound of the 1 M Ohm pots better. I also added a powerswitch and a LED to indicate ON/OFF.


Circuit schematic found in josh1324 Instructable here.



Circuit schematic found in Collin Cunningham's Make tutorial here.




Breadboarded Circuit. This one uses 10K pots as these were the only ones I had lying around.



Halfway through mounting the circuit on a perfboard ...


... a low quality perfboard. I had alot of issues with pads coming off, well it could be my soldering technique aswell.




A green LED indicating power is on and a anarchy symbol indicating punk is on. Pretty basic ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment