Friday, March 8, 2013

Big wall mounted buttons

Here's a little unfinished project that got trashed during my last relocation. Rather than playing around with LEDs and sensors this project is actually based on the idea to be both visually appealing and functional. The plan was to make a sort of interface to a media player such as iTunes or Spotify with the use of the Arduino and a proxy like Gobetwino or (the apparently now dead) ASproxy from (the equally dead) Tinker.it.

Since it's been on ice for quite some time, well actually in this case it rather got  "iced" in the mafia sense of the word, I thought it was about time to share the concept of the project.


Step 1. Cut shapes of the buttons in a foam of choice.
Step 2. Glue some foil on the back of the buttons and scotch taped a wire
or solder if you're awesome at that.
Step 3. Paint the buttons in a nice color. 
Yeah, I never really got around to step 3. 

When I started out my intention was to make a simple circuit and a button that either breaks or closes a circuit. But then I started dabbling with capacitive sensing, hence just the one wire in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment